Jabberwocky by Tony Shiels
"Do you crave amazing audience reactions? Do you relish generating wordof-mouth publicity? Discover Jabberwocky, The Lost Writings of Tony 'Doc' Shiels, one man's quest on how to turn the ordinary into something truly marvelous?"
Back in the early 1960's, Tony Shiels put away his dove pan and his vanishing wand. Both effects were part of the act that made him money. He knew it wasn't him and it was the kind of act that bored him sick when he saw other magicians perform. Surely there must be something more to performing magic than the standard effects performed the same way?
Join 'Doc' on his quest as he seeks answers. In this book, you will discover:
- What is the kind of showmanship you should be using to give your audiences what they really want?
- What was it that Bert Reese and Dr. Hooker were able to accomplish psychologically that helped them become legends? An understanding of this psychological principle will help you, too, create incredible word-of-mouth publicity.
- Going beyond the mundane. Where art and magic meet and how you can elevate your performances.
- What to inject into your performance that leapfrogs your show over your brother magicians.
- How to convince someone that it's really yesterday.
- Create the right atmosphere in telling ghost stories.
- NINE routines from 'Doc's' repertoire, including his logical version of the Triple Prediction, and The Transatlantic E.S.P. Test. If you are at an event or party and are expected to perform something, then this single effect will leave people talking for weeks.